January 4, 2017

I am back, again.

I need to get back on track and do some painting. I have barely done any over the last year and while I have been blaming not having a clear hobby focus I realy think it comes down to me being a bit lazy. Well that and a severe lack of free time. I started my own company last year which seemed managable at the time and well while it has been relatively succesful it also means I have a lot less time than I would like to have. In the end it came down to having easier options to spend the idle hours in the evening on. However I am pretty determined to get back to the table and to do some painting. Exactly what I am going to do is the problem.

Anyway so what is the challenge part? The challenge is to paint 150pts (or equivalent) of an army a month as a baseline for my efforts. If I could manage that I would have a good 1800pt GW army which would be nice to have. I also have to restrict my spending. I don't currently spend that much on my hobby but I am getting more and more tempted by all the releases I am seeing. What options on painting do I have?

Ultramarines
I picked up some of my old Space Marines from the miniature repository that is my parents house. I have a few to my name but being honest I have never painted a Space Marine. I really want to start painting something new with a different style and this would be perfect for that. I wouldn't have to spend too much but as theses marines are from fifth edition I would have to update them a little.
Inquisition
I don't really have many models for this but maybe enough for a retinue for an Inquisitor. I have always wanted an Inquisition army due to the sheer variety that the army can have and as such I could tie them in with the Marines above. I also note that there might be some new models coming out soon and if so that would definitely spark my interest.
Khorne Bloodbound
I picked these up cheap recently and as a painting project they would be great. i have enough pieces from my old Chaos army to bulk up what I got so I could probably hit the 1800pts easily enough. I am also tempted to try out an underpainting technique on these which should make them fast to paint. That would also be important.
Khador
I have had a sizable Khador force for a long while with only small bits of it painted up. While MKIII hasn't been tempting me too much I would like to get these models finished for a long time. I would have to buy a few things to update the force to be a more useable one, something I am hesitant to do. I also don't think I would enjoy painting them that much.
Orruks
I missed out on the fantastic GW army deal in December for these. I would have had a completed force if I could have picked it up. Sadly it sold out fast. I have a lot of 'Ardboyz here already and I only need a few brutes and characters to have this army completed. If I was getting regular games of AOS I would definitely pick this army, sadly I am not.
Free People
I always wanted an Empire army even though I actually had one. I collected an all mounted army a long time ago. Basically the idea was born of trying to get 1000pts for €100. I managed it by getting all knights. However I really wanted a foot army. I have a lot of bits I could use for this army and it is tempting to trawl ebay for the previous edition of miniatures. They don't come up that often and still sem to command a good price so I don't think I will go for this army just yet.
Cowboys/Lawmen
Plans are already afoot here in Hamburg to have an ongoing Wild West themed game. An agreement may have been made to purchase these at Tactica this year. I guess these are definitely on the table.
Malifaux
Again this is inevitable. I mainly play Malifaux and I want to have a crew. What is holding me back is the fact that I play almost exclusively online via VASSAL. Eventually however I will take the plunge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Friends